Massachusetts Condo Insurance
We know that designing an effective Massachusetts condo insurance package that matches your individual needs, takes time and effort—not to mention someone who actually understands the insurance industry.
It just so happens that we at Cavallo and Signoriello Insurance are one of Massachusetts’s leading insurance specialists, and we pride ourselves in the ability to help condo owners access the coverage they both need and deserve.
Condo insurance is a specific insurance policy designed to fit the unique needs of condo owners. Many confuse condo insurance with a renter’s policy, because in fact both can personal property and liability protection; however, condo owners need to take into consideration the additional coverage that may be needed for the building based on their condominium association’s overall master policy.
Typically your condo association will insure the building based on one of two approaches: bare walls or single entity.
- A “bare walls” approach means that the association will insure only the building including walls, the roof, floors, elevators, etc. The association is not responsible for insuring anything inside your unit such as appliances, cabinets, carpeting, wallpaper, plumbing, electrical wiring, etc.
- In comparison a “single entity” coverage plan means that your condo association will insure the building as well as particular fixtures inside of your unique unit including carpeting, cabinets and appliances. However, it’s important to remember that in both scenarios you are still left responsible for your own personal belongings and possessions.
So how do you determine how much coverage you need from your condo insurance?
Massachusetts residents should keep in mind that you’ve worked hard to create a safe, inviting home—and you’ve also worked hard for what’s inside—so why allow it to remain at risk? Whether it’s your new high-definition T.V. or a family heirloom passed down among generations, your possessions are valuable.
When considering the level of security you want to get from you Massachusetts condo insurance, ask yourself:
- What is the association’s responsible for insuring?
- What am I responsible for insuring?
- How much coverage do I need for my possessions?
- Do I have replacement cost or actual cash value coverage for my possessions?
- Are there policy limits for my valuables? Should I purchase more coverage for those items?
- Do I need earthquake or flood coverage for my unit or possessions?
Thankfully, Cavallo and Signoriello Insurance is here to help. We all these questions and varying degrees of liability and responsibility, it’s easy to feel a bit overwhelmed. At Cavallo and Signoriello Insurance we’ll take the time to help you determine exactly the amount of coverage you need, and will help to secure it at the most competitive rates available.
Give us a call, we’d love to help. Contact Cavallo and Signoriello Insurance today for more information on your Massachusetts condo insurance options.