Auto Accident Tips
September 15, 2015
If you were in an auto accident, would you know what to do? For many people, the course of action after a collision is very puzzling. Here’s a few tips to help you out:
- Turn on your hazard lights as soon as the auto accident occurs.
- Move your vehicle if possible. This can prevent a second collision.
- Do not discuss who was at fault. Let your insurance company battle it out.
- Call the police. If somebody is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Exchange information. This includes name, address, number, insurance info, and vehicle info.
- Obtain info from witnesses.
- Talk to the police.
- Write down the officer’s name and department.
- Ask for the incident number.
- Take photos of the car and surrounding area.
- If you do not have a camera, write down the names of streets and possibly draw a quick diagram.
- Call your insurance company. The sooner the better! Most companies offer tow services as well.
We hope that you never get into an auto accident, but if you do, remember these tips! Contact us here if you have any auto accident questions.