Father’s Day Gift Ideas from Massachusetts Small Businesses
June 11, 2019
Still scrambling for Father’s Day gift ideas? We’ve got your back. Hit the town this week and browse these local MA businesses to select the perfect present for dad.
We love shopping local because it’s a fantastic way to support the community. It also makes for a more personalized experience – you get to know exactly where your gifts are coming from and often times, you get to know the store owners themselves. So here’s to supporting our neighbors in the pursuit of the perfect gift – Happy Father’s Day and happy shopping!
Does your dad like to bike? Has he been talking about getting more active and/or spending more time outdoors with the family? Let the pros at Dedham Bike help you find the perfect accessories or a new set of wheels for him this year. Dedham Bike has an incredible team to help answer all your questions. They can even help with trade-ins and used kids’ bikes. Could be a worthwhile trip for the whole gang!
Have you seen the new Big Green Egg outdoor cooking products? Gorgeously colored, these “eggs” are actually ceramic, kamado-style charcoal grills. Their unique cooking chambers are super cool and incredibly versatile (think grilling, smoking, pizza and calzone making…). And our friends at Ferrari Pools just happen to be licensed egg dealers. We highly recommend a trip to their showroom in Shrewsbury, MA, where you can find Big Green Eggs in all sizes.
A Day off from Grilling
As any grill master knows, great BBQ can take a long time to smoke. As much as dad may love grilling, sometimes it’s nice to enjoy juicy BBQ without having to sweat over the grill for hours. Lucky for you, our area is loaded with five-star BBQ. Pulled pork, ribs, and brisket: they’ve got it. A few of our faves? Check out Blue Ribbon Barbecue in Dedham, Commonwealth BBQ in Wrentham, Chub’s Blue Pig BBQ in Attleboro, or 2 Jerks BBQ in Raynham.
Sip Your Way Through Local Breweries
What dad doesn’t want to spend a weekend laughing with friends and family over a locally brewed beer? Here are some breweries in the area that are open this upcoming weekend and/or offer growlers for enjoyment at home:
- For the artsy dad: Check out the Percival Beer Company in Norwood. Their taproom is comprised of a pallet bar and vintage wine barrels. This brewery hosts a rotating art gallery and freshly roasted coffee!
- For the hometown dad: Skyroc Brewery is the perfect fit! This brewery is grounded in its Attleboro roots, and every beer has a story here. Try the 1694 Double IPA, a New England styled IPA named after the year that Attleboro was established, or the Commuter Rail Pale Ale, a smooth bodied beer named for the transit line that connects Attleboro with Boston.
- For the history lover: Shoveltown Brewery will walk you through a free tour of their brewery in North Easton. They offer everything from draft in flights and small tasters to pints and growlers. Feeling hungry? Munch on a selection of their pretzels or flatbreads.
- For the social dad: Castle Island Brewing Company in Norwood offers a beerhall environment with communal tables, perfect for the dad who is looking to fill up tables with family and friends! Spend your time here chatting and playing one of their board games.
- For the whole family: Trillium Brewing in Canton is kid AND pet friendly. Catch some fresh air on their outdoor patio or hang out in their tasting room area to enjoy the views of the production floor.
A Day on the Lake
Head to Bear’s Den Fly Fishing Co. in Norton to grab some rods and reels for a day at Fulton Pond! Not much of a fisher but still want to spend a day on the water? Norton Kayak Company offers guided kayak tours of the Norton Resorvoir all day long. Just grab your sunscreen and waterproof shoes and you’re good to go.
Still stumped for ideas? Specifically for our audience in the Dedham area, Dedham Square Circle has compiled this list of Father’s Day Gift Ideas. If you live closer to Mansfield/Attleboro, check out the Attleboro Farmers Market, which is opening for the season this Saturday! Got any local business recommendations we should add to this list? Send ’em our way! We’re always happy to highlight Massachusetts SMBs!