Father’s Day Gift Ideas from Massachusetts Small Businesses
June 13, 2018
Father’s Day is coming quickly! Still scrambling for Father’s Day gift ideas? We’ve got your back. Hit the town this week and browse through these local MA businesses to select the perfect present for dad.
We love shopping local because it’s a fantastic way to support the community. It also makes for a more personalized experience – you get to know exactly where your gifts are coming from and often times, you get to know the store owners themselves. So here’s to supporting our neighbors in the pursuit of the perfect gift – Happy Father’s Day and happy shopping!
Breakfast in Bed
The only thing better than breakfast is breakfast in bed (we’re pretty sure this is scientifically proven). We recommend the bacon, egg, and cheese from the Mansfield Deli. And they’re open bright and early at 7 am – plenty of time to pick up breakfast and sneak it back to the house before dad wakes up!
A Day off of Grilling
As any grill master knows, great BBQ can take a long time to smoke. As much as dad may love grilling, sometimes it’s nice to enjoy juicy BBQ without having to sweat over the grill for hours. Lucky for you, the area is scattered with BBQ joints that have mouthwatering smoked meat just a call away. Pulled pork, ribs, and brisket – oh my! Check out Commonwealth BBQ in Wrentham, Chub’s Blue Pig BBQ in Attleboro, or 2 Jerks BBQ in Raynham.
A Summer Free of Mowing the Lawn
Is your dad a green lawn fanatic? Tell him not to sweat it this summer (literally) by calling our friends at PA Narsasian Landscaping. They can take care of lawn maintenance for dad this summer including professional lawn mowing, trimming the bushes, laying down mulch, or even installing walkways so dad can enjoy his favorite space.
Sip Your Way Through Local Breweries
What dad doesn’t want to spend a weekend laughing with friends and family over a locally brewed beer? Here are some breweries in the area that are open this upcoming weekend:
- For the artsy dad: Check out the Percival Beer Company in Norwood. Their taproom is comprised of a pallet bar and vintage wine barrels. This brewery hosts a rotating art gallery and freshly roasted coffee!
- For the hometown dad: Skyroc Brewery is the perfect fit! This brewery is grounded in its Attleboro roots, and every beer has a story here. Try the 1694 Double IPA, a New England styled IPA named after the year that Attleboro was established, or the Commuter Rail Pale Ale, a smooth bodied beer named for the transit line that connects Attleboro with Boston.
- For the history lover: Shoveltown Brewery will walk you through a free tour of their brewery in North Easton. They offer everything from draft in flights and small tasters to pints and growlers. Feeling hungry? Munch on a selection of their pretzels or flatbreads.
- For the social dad: Castle Island Brewing Company in Norwood offers a beerhall environment with communal tables, perfect for the dad who is looking to fill up tables with family and friends! Spend your time here chatting and playing one of their board games.
- For the whole family: Trillium Brewing in Canton is kid AND pet friendly. Catch some fresh air on their outdoor patio or hang out in their tasting room area to enjoy the views of the production floor.
A Day on the Lake
Head to Bear’s Den Fly Fishing Co. in Norton to grab some rods and reels for a day at Fulton Pond! Not much of a fisher but still want to spend a day on the water? Norton Kayak Company offers guided kayak tours of the Norton Resorvoir all day long. Just grab your sunscreen and waterproof shoes and you’re good to go.
Got any local business recommendations we should add to this list? Send ’em our way! We’re always happy to highlight Massachusetts SMBS!